Sunday, October 18, 2020

Reading My Bible

                        

                                    Jesus knocks at the door of my heart                            



Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. (ESV)



For many years I filed this scripture into my daily bible reading. You know, it wasn't time to read Revelations, that usually came in December. But one day, my daughter in law shared this along with a childish photo slide on our family chat. Cute I thought, and went on with my day, although it did leave me a bit squeamish I put it off, because after all, my little grand daughters should have felt the prick, not me! But as Gods word is so faithful to do, it grabbed me the next day. I was busy asking something on that chat when, poof! there was that little slide again! So, I decided to slow and read it in my adult language 😉
I think some would call it a revelation, others an experience. I think I'll describe it as a conversion; a One-80 turn around. My heart pounded as the reality floored me.



Behold I stand at the door and knock Jesus the author of life, the creator of the universe, the maker of heaven and earth knocked at my heart? Who in the world was I? and Why? Why would he take the time? I was just me. He loves me Then I was knocked down to my knees at the thought that he did this everyday! Maybe more than once a day? And I cried at the thought that I was too busy to know he knocked everyday. I hope he knows I love him too.



if anyone hears my voice My voice, my thoughts too loud to hear when he knocked. Is it possible to hear him everyday so that I can open the door?
and opens the door, Oh dear Lord, help me to settle down and be ready when you knock today.



I will come into him and eat with him, Lord, you'll consume the sacrifice of praise I bring to you? You'll hear my petitions, you'll calm my fears.


and he with me, Oh God, you'll bring me your bread to eat, I'll eat it in your presence and delight in your laws. I'll consume what you give me. I'll let your word heal me and change me.



Even as I wrote this account, my heart pounded with anticipation. See, I'm gonna stop to pray at our Sunday evening prayer meeting an appointed prayer time yes, but, I have that anticipation that he's been knocking at my door wanting to sup with me again 😊.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment