Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Two Miles

What does it mean to go the second mile? 



Is it about working extra hard?

Is it about giving?

Is it about sacrifice?

Is it about compassion? 


If I give myself in friendship, what will it cost? what will I gain?

If I give myself in friendship, is it for my benefit or for another?

When I gave myself to friendship, my friend went the second mile.

While I took, I gained, what I gained I shared and gave back.


I felt the prodding in my heart, help him.

I opened the door of my home and welcomed a stranger.

Why did I do it? I didn't know it could cost me my peace!

Share what you have. Give what you can. the prodding hurt.


I've been given much. 

The second mile is longer than the first.

It must be that the second mile is for those who are called.

I remember that summer night when Jesus came calling on me.


For sure I'll need His vision

For sure I'll need His strength

So that when I'm prodded to go one mile,

I'll be ready to take on two.


The second mile is what I'm called to.


No comments:

Post a Comment