Friday, September 25, 2020

Wedding Anniversary


                                           Celebrate Your Marriage



What's in a number? how much weight can it hold? Why do we only celebrate certain numbers? Who decided which numbers would be the special ones? Isn't Thirty-Two better than Thirty? It's bigger and it's longer.  I can make Thirty-Two a good number, a wow number! I'm remembering my wedding vows:

From this day forward.....32 years later, we've chosen to look forward, I love my beloved and he loves me...

For better...A nice Chinese dinner, a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a sweet card to set the ambiance for a quiet dinner. Did I mention that our romantic dinner was a party of three? My love & I plus dear old dad.

For worse... Did I mention that lingering virus and a Stay at Home order? 

For richer....Our beautiful children and grand children and my 95 year old apa

For poorer...the pinch of the economy has drawn us closer to the One who gives and takes away

In sickness and in health...the weight of our years bearing down on us but resting in Gods protection 

To love and to cherish...time and Jesus have drawn us closer, now able to appreciate the three fold cord of our marriage 

til death do us part.....

Thirty-Two years ago, I made that promise and I'm so glad I did.

As I prepared my ninety-five year old dad for bed. He asked.

 "When did you get married again? How long has this man been your husband?" 

 "I've been married to him for thirty-two years dad. You gave me to him on my wedding day."




No comments:

Post a Comment