Monday, February 18, 2019

Deciding to Foster Parent





Psalms 37:3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness

My young friend and her husband were approached to rescue a certain little boy. Without hesitation they jumped in to help. Grueling hours of the filing process to foster parent. Needless to say adjustments in every area of life have been hard, some moments ugly, other times sweet moments to cherish. Yesterday, four months into this journey her heart broke as she heard her foster child tell his mother on the phone "Going to CPS was the worst day ever. When I go back home with you, you can help me forget about ever being in foster care" She said it was everything to hold herself together. It seemed like there is no appreciation for them and all that they sacrificed to make his life easier.


And I wondered at that...A little boy whose life has been upside down, over turned his entire life (he's the wise  old age of 6) by his mother whose number one concern is a fix.  He tells her "When I get back home..." Is there a home? Or is she his home? He can't afford to lose anything else.

I'm not a foster parent....but I think that this kind of heart is needed to nurture a lil boy back on to a good path. 

My hat goes off to foster parents who consider the child before themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment