Saturday, February 16, 2019

What Good Things Are You Allowing Into Your Mind?

Fill Your Resevoir 


This is what stuck this week...since it was Valentines week I heard a lot about love....


Sunday I learned about Pseudomonas infections. I googled it when my 94 year old father was hospitalized because of these little buggers. A common bacteria found in common places like soil, plants and water... so common that healthy people have it growing in moist areas of their skin...and because their healthy they'll quickly fight it off....Dad was hospitalized for four days.

I also saw that hallucinations are no joke! "An apparent perception of something not present"....what torment! These happen when you're pretty sick with infection, or have narcotics in you system to "help" you. When a hallucination is active nothing you say to settle the person works, nothing you do to help them makes sense, cuz you're not dealing with what they're seeing!

I heard a few sermons this week in church at my church The Potters House San Diego with evangelist Tony Chase from Chandler Az. 
A marriage seminar that talked about loving your spouse even though...married person you fill in the blank. He used the story of Hannah and Elkenah in the bible (1Samuel 1:1-7) Every spouse has an even though

Revival on Monday-Wed...Our victories are forgotten when the trials come, which they come often, followed by victories. Hardships are a part of life "Don't let the devil see you sweat"....The sermon about failures hit home....Gehazi, Elishas (He's Israels prophet of the day) disciple failed big time....judgment came down hard; leprosy for life! for generations to come in his family.....fast forward....and we find Gehazi with the king, in his courts ministering....Something happened...redemption...second chances. The final sermon of the Chase revival is called Instruments for the Lord....Romans 6:13 and 1 Samuel 16:15,23...An instrument is only used when the musician picks it up....sometimes an instrument will need tuning..it's off...or its useless... Lord what do people hear when you decide to play your song on my life? How do you contribute to the whole?

I also listened to a powerful letter that Dr James Dobson read on his podcast Family Talk:
An incredible letter about the institution of marriage and it's affect on society. This was profound: Gen.2:24.....here in the beginning "with those 22 words God announced the ordination of the family long before the other two great human institutions: the church and government

Focus on the Family podcast featured a Pastor/author on Connecting with your spouse... "We get married with stars in our eyes that can quickly turn into daggers if we don't take time to communicate with our spouse"....and I readily agreed....

I make myself listen to Dave Ramsey, I make myself shake off the negative overwhelming thoughts of failure and I listen and I hope...I want to be one of those people that pay their debt with Dave Ramseys instruction and do the Debt Free Scream....lil steps...I read in Exodus 23:30 Little by little I will drive the out from before you, until you have increased and you inherit the land....this sounds like the Debt Free Scream fits here...

Know what else stuck? 
Lil Albas (she's a lil girl at my church) news that she went on a date with her daddy; he suggested she where her red dress, and the whole family went to dinner for Valentines.... She was a cutie in red gown.
My friend Lynnda shared her life long love story of 49 years....20 years of misery, then her prince charming came to rescue their institution of marriage; his name is Jesus Christ...



No comments:

Post a Comment