Saturday, November 28, 2020

How To Do All Things

 

                photo by Clark Tibbs


Have you ever considered your day and wondered, what did I accomplish? Have you gone back to that mountain of secret aspirations and found that you’re still at the start of your climb? Have you ever revised a goal because the finish line was way up to the sky and hidden by the clouds? Have you ever set out to conquer your To Do List for the day and you get buried under the To Dos?


That happens a lot to me, and I suspect that it happens to everyone in varying degrees. I have wondered time and again about what drives successful people to accomplishment or steadfast people to remain on the narrow path to eternity. Every once in a while my mind is boggled in a battle of I will, I can’t, I must, I can’t. The battle rages.


                        What Will It Take

Will is a powerful tool. Daily I reach for my will power and strap it on, 

it takes me far. Yet, alone I often miss the mark.

I love my family, but I seldom tell them. I love a clean house, but it takes a whole day. I love to play volleyball, but I’m out of shape. I love to have coffee with friends, but I’m way too busy. I love to write, but I rarely have time.


How can I walk in dominion? What will it take to self motivate?


I hate to be lazy, but I pound on the snooze. I hate to be fat, but I run from the diet.  I hate a chaotic house, but I struggle to regulate. I hate to wait, so I constantly relocate. I hate writing blocks, yet they pile up like rocks..


Can I conquer these mountains? What will it take to self motivate?!


I will to seize the day, but it seizes me. I will to tell my flesh no, but it shrieks in protest.  I will to write a list, but it dissipates. I will to hurry and go, but my feet squander the day. I will to establish peace, but Fret and Worry want to move in.


Is there a force that will drive me to better? What will it take to self motivate?

                                                        Philippians 4:13

I take my will and charge it with God. Through his word I will be infused with his grace. Now, I can rest and know that I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me

 




No comments:

Post a Comment