Wednesday, February 16, 2022

I Found My Pen Again


So much has happened since the last time I posted on my blog. I was gonna say, “since I was back on the Narrow Path” but I realized that by Gods grace, which is sufficient for me, I haven’t gotten off the Narrow Path. I just stopped writing here. Of course it wasn’t intentional but like so often it happens, I dropped my pen and couldn't find it for a while.  I also have had to resist the onslaught of covid manipulating my way of life. 


Reality News:

In June of 2020 my baby, not so baby, graduated from high school, thankfully the pandemic did not steal his celebration completely. He got the spotlight with our own family celebration at home. Things happened so quickly that he landed on his feet with two jobs on his plate and as he figured out how to practice adult life. My husband and I were left with the sobering reality that all our children were now adults. For a moment I thought my job as mom was over 😕, no more picking up after them, no more teaching them. But with our middle son calling for help often enough, I am relieved to know, it's never over, but it definitely has
shifted.



Then came the bittersweet passing of my dad. My apa at 96 years old finished his race well and went home to Jesus, to rest. He was buried in his beloved Imperial Valley, where he was always close enough to Mexico to water his roots. His constant presence and need had absolutely filled my days for so long, then his absence left me with a void in my heart and in my life. Taking care of him with my sister changed our lives so much. I have had to adjust to some of my old ways again.



Joyful Tidings
:

I am now abuela to 8 little loves! My latest grandchild was born last year, the day after Thanksgiving- What a bountiful season we had. 


My Other Blog:

The last time I posted here was in November of 2020, and it was also when I was starting my 2nd blog, Mexicanamericangirl.com. This time I acquired a savvy, quick study Social Media Manager. She assigned me to "just the writing" and told me not to worry about any of the technical stuff.  I would go on telling you what a great girl she is, but I shouldn’t, yet. My new blog is about my life stories and my apas almost 100 years of life experiences. I have absolutely loved sharing them, looking back and seeing all that God has done always amazes me.




My First Blog:

Now that I’ve learned some things and established some goals, I’ve come back to share my heart.


See, nobody reads my journal, lots of messy thoughts get examined and tucked away in there, rarely to be seen by me ever again, especially if I’ve had break thru and resolution. However, I have found more and more that I share the thoughts in it quite a bit. Don’t misunderstand, it’s not that my thoughts are so great, they’re not. On the other hand,  it’s the incredible way God reveals his heart to me  as I’m seeking and searching for his truths. He is so personal and yet so universal many times. I say to myself “I must share this with so and so, she will be just as encouraged as I’ve been”


I have missed writing here, I’m glad I’m returning, with a prayer for consistency I'm looking forward to letting you come into some of the rooms in my mind and scan some pages from my journal.


Psalms 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, those he has redeemed from trouble (ESV)




No comments:

Post a Comment