Wednesday, March 2, 2022

The Weapons of Our Warfare

         

An Attack Against My Mind

Yesterday our church was fasting and praying about the Conflict in Europe and specifically for our missionaries in Ukraine. In the middle of this world crisis, I experienced an ugly thing. An attack against my mind. What a common but great strategy from hell right? When I choose to use the weapons of our warfare and guard my mind God will give us dominion and our perception embraces hope. 

“The mind is a powerful thing, it can take you through walls” -Denis Avey, a prisoner of war survivor.

Guard Your Mind

I have to guard my mind against those kinds of feelings that sort of sneak up on me. Yet they’re not so sneaky because through the day I'd been throwing off those ugly thoughts, fearful, doubtful thoughts and suspicious ones. I should have been on guard…well I was, but then I was not.

That ugly pig called Pride came snorting around my mind, leaving it's mess of slimy contentious thoughts.

 “After 33 years” his mouth foams “your husband is done with you, he didn’t even wait for you, you should have prayed together for those missionaries.!”  That nasty pig calls me stupid for allowing such abuse. In a panic, I picked up the messy accusations and lies and threw them out! Only to find myself flopped onto a pile of indignation. How could it be that my husband who must see my distress sat on the couch oblivious to it! This was turning into a situation about me!

 Pride snorted and said, “Obviously he doesn’t love you. Look at you, even your God sees you”  Chaos rushed in.

All of a sudden, at the door of my mind stood ugly and vicious thoughts and words growling to come in. I was assaulted. I did a low moan in despair, I did ask Jesus to help me, but the pig had such a hold on me, I believed his lies and  I wouldn’t ask my husband for help. He sat in the other room peacefully reading. Insecurity choked me. I would go to him and tell him I knew what he was thinking about me. I would confront him. Thankfully, with such emotion boiling over the top of my brain, all I could do was crouch down and pray pitifully.

In his mercy, Jesus did reach out, He did see me. He reminded me of his words, I grasped some of them…

“No weapon formed against thee shall prosper '' Those were his words that whispered to me from out of my bible. My God reminded me that marriage is God’s creation and therefore he was for us and not against us.The poetic words out of Ecclesiastics rang out and soothed me. A three strand cord is not quickly broken. The Holy Spirit was involved in our marriage! After 33 years, I knew that already, I pushed that pig off me. I knew also that I had to get all the wicked thoughts and throw them out! 2 Corinthians tells me that my weapons of warfare are divine, I have God's power. When I gathered these destructive thoughts and cast them out, I was able to humble myself enough to ask for prayer. I was able to rest and pick up my weapon, no longer distracted, disturbed or afraid.

Asking For Prayer

With a clear mind and intentional thoughts, I continue to pray for our churches overseas. Please help us pray for

God to help his people and do his will in these nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment