Wednesday, April 13, 2022

A Walk In The Cool Of The Day: Read Your Bible


Sometimes reading my bible is impossible when my day is cluttered up with activity. Then, reading my bible at some point will become a chore. Once in a while the religious fraud wants to come out and say, "you must do this in order to get that, work, work, work!" That's a crazy thought right? Then condemnation sits on me because I'm a bad daughter and God is displeased... LIES! LIES! LIES! God wants to walk with me. He wants to see the fruits of my soul. It is HIS desire. Wow! God doesn't tire of my questions. He's not insecure about my insecurity. He loves me and cares about my concerns. 


  • I asked God, Lord, is it possible to feel your presence in my bible reading?

Yes. I Am, I'm here always, are you ready to sup with me? He's ready to sup with me! amazing.

  • Then I asked God, is it possible? Would your Word speak to me regularly?

Yes. I Am, I'm always speaking to you, can you hear me? I've been able to hear him.

  • So I pressed in and asked Jesus, is today a good day to hear from you? 

Yes. I Am, when you call out to me, I will answer. Today and everyday is a good day to hear from God.

  • Finally, I've asked God, Lord can I share our conversations? Go and tell others…

As I've looked forward to the walk with God "in the cool of the day" we've had some wonderful good discussions. Some hard topics, some sweet, but always salted so I can share some gems from my wealth. 

I hope I am not sounding feely, touchy and or falsely religious, but his word is ever alive, sometimes it cuts me to heal me, other times he embraces me and simply delights in me and when I've shared these 'supping' moments with a loved one, they too are pulled in close by Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment