Tuesday, October 24, 2023

How To Bear Good Fruit

 

                               

But The Fruit Of The Spirit Is...

"The kind of people we are is revealed by the kind of fruit we produce in our lives." 

This quote is out of one of the book by Stormie Omartian called The Power of a Praying Grandparent. 

This quote stopped me in my tracks. At 58 years of age, I stopped to consider all the fruit that my life, and choices have produced. 39 years of those years have been as a Born Again Christian. I had 2 extreme reflections: 

First, I smiled as I considered the beautiful life and fruit I've enjoyed in Christ. I questioned "Is it ok to recognize the good fruit?" Of course it is! It has been because Jesus drew me to himself. It was Gods living Word that exposed my religious and sinful heart. I chose to believe in the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross for my sins and his ressurection power over death. It is because of His gift of love that I can enjoy the benefits that God offers. 

Then, as I was enjoying this "accounting" of the many good fruits in my life, like eternal life, a Christ centered marriage, saved kids who themselves are uncovering Gods benefits, a beautiful God family and supernatural peace, I was basking in these blessings when out of the blue the second thought came that all my choices haven't always produced good fruit.😔 Like the struggles to obey God and walk his Narrow Path and the bad choices to disobey because I insisted that I knew better. What about the times I insisted on justice and fairness regardless of who I hurt. It would have been easy to stay there and wallow in condemnation, thankfully Gods Word is alive and "sharper than a two-edged sword" It's straight forward style it heals me and keeps me on His path.

God looks at the heart- I can't hide from God and I don't want to. My life is an open book , I've want him to come into my heart and sup with me daily. Since the day I was saved 39 years ago I've not regreted his pruning, cutting and shaping, much good fruit has come from it. 

Jeremiah17:10 But I the Lord, search all hearts and examin secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve.  

Matthew 7:20  Therefore by their fruits you will know them.  

Galatians 5: 22-23  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control. 

So, I do not ignore or pretend that there were times that bad fruit was produced, but I choose to look at the pruning hand of God, his continuing mercy and love have brought forth out of my life beautiful fruits of repentance, perseverance and longivity. 

39 yrs saved & 35 yrs married to my Benjamin.




No comments:

Post a Comment