Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Are you Alone or Lonely?

 


Being alone is a physical reality, not a feeling. When I've been alone in my house. It's not a negative thing necessarily. I welcome the quiet at times. I feel rest in my rare silent moments. So what do I do when I'm alone? The list is endless, from things that must be done to things that should be done, to things that I enjoy doing. Being alone is a choice I make at times to rest and regroup.

Lonliness on the other hand is a feeling. I can have a house full of children and grandchildren yet feel very lonely. What exactly does lonliness make me feel? I feel all kinds of dark lies that creep up on me and try to depress me. 

unwanted: like I'm old and not useful to anyone anymore. I feel like I just don't fit anywhere.

unappreciated: like I'm here just to clean up the mess. Does what I do even matter?

unloved: As if love itself is a feeling. Yet feeling lonely makes me feel rejection.

defeat: I "feel" lonely, therefore I'm a loser.

despair: Loneliness brings along hopelessness. There's nobody that cares enough to help me.

Both are something you choose. Don't let your feelings dictate your choices. If you choose to be alone, please let it be for just a season, the bible says that God saw that it was not good for man (or woman) to be alone (Genesis 2:18). If however, you are feeling lonely, check yourself? why is that? Have the circumstances in your life run over you? What are you choosing to dwell on? 

My life and personality are such that aloneness is usually something I choose for short breaks. When loneliness hits my busy life, I've got to run to God for his comfort and help, because I have foolishly stumbled on his lies. Thankfully, Jesus loves me so much he waits for opportunities to show me.

 The bible says God is always with us, even when we're physically alone. Always. Every room I enter into, every errand that I run, every stranger that I meet and every crisis that I face.  Never alone, let that sink in. 






No comments:

Post a Comment