Friday, August 25, 2023

Supping With Jesus Everyday

 


The other morning, as I was rushing through my morning reading and prayer time, I suddenly stopped and realized that I was rushing. Why? What was the hurry? There's always something else to do in life right? I slowed down and put aside my hurry, the distractions, the worries and even the time and enjoyed my time with Christ. I started my journal that morning with this in my heart “ I don’t like when I rush thru my reading 😞 I miss you and your truths- please help me to enjoy, appreciate and use these truths in my life to be a living testimony Lord Jesus”  

Oh my! I was glad I did slow down, here’s a truth that arrested me. In Luke 21:34 (NLT) “Watch out! Don’t let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don’t let that day catch you unaware”  Wow! It is so easy to get caught up with life, marriage, family, busyness, socializing, and even ministry. I was thankful for the reminder to pray and be alert. 

The next morning, I thought about this truth “Jesus knocks at the door of your heart.” what an absolute privilege! And yet how often have I missed him? This is the rest of that scripture in Revelation 3:20

“… If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends” Absolutely beautiful! But why wouldn't I be able to hear his voice? because of the "other voices" my carnal self, the world and yes the devil! Once I hear his voice, once I know it's him, I still have to be intentional about opening the door. See, just his presence alone, his knock reminds me of "issues" I have to get out of my heart, maybe hidden things and some times I'm tempted to ignore that voice, that conviction. Then, once I open the door we will sup together. Oh how I need a true friend near me always.

Supping with Jesus is one of the gifts He offers. I’m so grateful for his kind friendship and patient guidance. I love it when He pursues me with unrelenting love. Thank you Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment