Thursday, September 26, 2024

Marriage is Gods Plan

 

                                                  

Yesterday was my wedding day anniversary and I was busy celebrating 36 years of marriage with the love of my life. He was very sweet in church last night, he said publicly in front of our congregation,  "She is my crown, it is because of God that we have survived" I looked at him, both of us aware of the valleys and a "near death" experience our marriage has faced. Anniversary celebrations are for us to remember all the blessings of God despite all the storms of life.  I eagerly nodded, agreeing that God is with us.  

Gods plan for marriage is a good one, A man shall leave his father and mother and unite with his wife and they shall become one. Since that day that God instituted marriage, sin/rebellion and chaos entered the world, but his plan remains perfect. Only in the will of God  will imperfect husbands (men) and wives (women) be able to keep marriage vows, imperfectly of course, but God! He gives us mercy and grace and vision. 

In 36 years we have experienced Gods covering in our home and growing family. I'm eternally grateful for my marriage to my Benjamin. He is my covering and I am his helpmeet. Together we have 4 children, that believe in the one true God; Jesus, and they lean on him daily.  Now, in our older years we rejoice in grandparenting, 8 amongst us and one on the way soon.  they are our inheritance and we absolutely love them. But, with no kids to raise we are refocusing on us and appreciating this chance to refresh. Imagine, we now have time to talk and to go out on dates and to travel! wonderful blessings. 

Marriage is a good thing, I recommend it. Now remember young girl, the wedding day, the day you say your vows is only the beginning of a beautiful journey with your husband IF you remain in Gods narrow path always. If that sounds dramatic, it is. A good marriage is hardwork, investing in Gods tools and Gods way seems costly at times, but it is absolutely worth it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment